Black mold, also known as Stachybotrys chartarum, is considered to be highly toxic due to the amount of mycotoxins it produces. Mycotoxins are harmful toxins produced by mold and can be quite dangerous to humans living in a home with black mold present. It is present in the mold itself, and can also be airborne. The most common, and dangerous, way mycotoxins enter the body is through inhalation. It can also occur through ingestion or direct contact with the mold itself. Read more
There are many different things that exist in nature that can be dangerous or deadly to humans given the right circumstances. The same can be true of mold. Get to know more about mold and the ways it can occur in your home as well as the ways that you can get rid of it through mold remediation. Then, you will be able to protect your health and the health of your family as well as better understand this common household problem (and how to prevent it).